Valtro 45

Hello. I've not handled one yet, but am saving just in case. I'm told that the gun's dimensions, materials, etc are set by a Mr. Jardine, the late Armand Swenson's nephew. Jardine trained under Swenson. Fit and finish are described as first-rate by some over at www.snipercountry.com and at www.Pistolsmith.com, good words are said about the gun.

It's to be available soon, within a couple of months, I think. Also, one reviewer testing a pistol, bought it after shooting it.

The first model is a full-sized 1911 with Bomar-like adj sights low-mounted in the slide. 30lpi on the front grip strap and 4lb trigger, match bbl/bushing fitted to slide.

Cost: $1199.

I've been told that Valtro intends "to do to Kimber what Kimber did to Colt."

We'll see.

Best.

The reason I am asking is that I got to handle one. The owner of Bullseye Shooting Range (Mark Baradat) in Marin County, CA claims that he helped develop the Valtro and he has two in stock (one available for rent). He is promoting them big time and from the handling it I think it looks first rate quality. The price he quoted me was $2500 for the model he had in stock. I didn't have time to actually shoot it though. I guess I will rent one soon and give a report back to TFL how it performs......

Back