Valmet Info. Needed

buzz riley

A friend of mine recently paid $1500.00 for a .223 Valmet Bullpup. I plan on looking it over next week. I'm not very familiar with the Valmet rifles, and don't recall seeing the bullpup version. I do have a couple questions. Are mags available? I've heard that AK and Galil mags will also work. Has anyone had any experience with Valmets? Any info is appreciated.

------------------
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

You can still find valmat magazines in the Shotgun news and other accessories at CAPE OUTFITTERS (like ejection port buffers, you'll find the dust cover will nearly CUT you spent cases in HALF)

I'm not sure if .223 ak mags will work or not, but Tom Forrest now has 40 round .223 AK mags foR $30 EACH. 30 round mags can still be had for around $20-25 and AK74 mags will work if you only load 20 rounds and they are usually available for $10 each.

Valmet mags tend to run nearly $50 for a 35 round magazine when you can find them.

Buy a 20 or 30 round ak mag and try it, you won't be out much $$

Hope ithelps,

Dr.Rob

I had a Valmet 71S in .223 about 10 years ago and could not find mags for it then . The AK mags available back then would not interchange , the bullpup version of the Valmet might be a different story . The last Valmet factory .223 30 rounders I found were going for $100 each . Good luck , Mike...

When the Galil was developed, Valmet contributed some parts.

BTW, the Bullput Valmet was the gun carried by the Humans in the futuristic portions of The Terminator.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back