Uzi sight-in

Cactus Kent

Inactive
I have a full size Uzi SMG which I usually shoot at 25 yds. Problem is it shoots at least 6 - 8 inches high with the front sight cranked up to it's maximum (it actually went past that today and flew off during a burst - fortunately I found it) and the rear sight on "100". Other than "shoot low" is there a remedy? It does the same thing on semi-auto, so it's not just the barrel climbing.

It's been a few years since I shot an Uzi, semi or full, but your is the first I've ever heard of that wouldn't regulate. They can be surprisingly accurate and capable of dinging Styrofoam coffee cups on the 100 yard berm, once you get them zeroed.

In your shoes, I think I'd just order a new front post and have it built up/turned down. Unless you have an incorrect rear sight...

Thanks for the help Sarge. I called Vector and they seem to have figured it out - the trunnion (front part of gun) is twisted counterclockwise (and maybe up - who knows) noticeably. Maybe it was a manufacturing error, or someone ran over it with a D8. There is no apparent damage, so off it went to get repaired under warranty. I don't recall ever looking at it from the muzzle end, otherwise I probably would have noticed it before. I was taught, generally, not to do that with guns.

Back