Utah 8/31/02 3 gun shoot!

Riz, I'll be there. We should be in the same squad.

I even volunteered to be one of John's assistant match directors for next year. Looks like one of the 4 3guns next year will be my baby. I've got to come up with 10 stages. Should be fun though.

I've got to see if George Hill is coming. I'm pretty sure he is. Maybe a couple of other local TFLers also. I know Porter was planning on it. PvtPyle is going to be out of town. Other than that I'm not sure.

I can't go to the regular IDPA match on the 24th. That is the day of the FTX. (Camping trip from Hell). :)

I'm coming from West Jordan. Where are you located?

Riz

"FTX, Camping trip from Hell" Oh please do tell?!?!

Im coming from Kaysville

Where has G.H. been, I have not seen Madogre updated in well over a week.
That would be great being in the same squad.

John was the NUDPA president when I started IDPA, hell of a great guy. Kinda suprised that he does not read this board.
Riz

George lost his internet connection for a week. AT&T shafted him. :)

The FTX is organized by our own PvtPyle. You know all that gear that we all have lying around? The stuff for all of our worst case scenarios? (web gear, LBEs, Rucks, etc) This is our way of testing what works or not. We pack in enough stuff to survive for 3 days. Then we work on field skills, patrolling, shooting as a team. That kind of thing. Should be lots of fun. If you are interested let me know.

We will be south of Harriman, north of Camp Williams. A bunch of the guys going are Utah NG so they know where the camp borders are so we don't wander onto an artillery range.

We will go up Friday night, camp, all day Sat, camp, come home Sunday morning.

You are welcome to come if you want. Just bring plenty of water. :) PM me if you are interested.

Denny, that would be great if you would come up from AZ. I'm looking forward to getting some good match practice in before the big match in Sept.

Details are at www.udpl.net under the match announcments.

August 31st. The location is at the FARM police training facility. About an hour south west of SLC. If you need directions I can provide them, but there is a map on UDPL.

No applications neccesary. This isn't a super formal match. There are no prizes or anything like that. Usually we have about 50 shooters of various skill levels.

It is a one day match. 9 or 10 stages. Start checking in at 8:00. Shoot till we are done. The last few matches we have broken up into pretty small squads (4 or 5 guys) and cranked right through the match.

Fee is $15.

150 rounds rifle, 150 rounds pistol, 50 rounds birdshot. (yep birdshot, not buck) Doesn't look like there are going to be any slugs this time around.

In AZ I think that there are some big matches in Pima and Tucson. I don't know any details about those though.

Cool. My wife goes in for surgery on Friday but she should be able to travel in a week. She'll be off for a couple of weeks, and thought seeing some new country might be good for her. Hell, if I can make Thunder Ranch in a day SLC should be a piece of cake:D

Depending on how the better half is feeling, you just might see us there.

Denny

Back