USP Tactical: a couple quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bull

Will the USP Tactical fit in a standard USP holster? I am asking this because I want to be able to find holsters and such easily and would prefer if I could just order regular holsters for a USP. That is one reason that I am leaning against the Expert...I hate hunting for custom accessories and was hoping the Tactical was the same dimensions as the regular USP, therefore I can find accessories just a little bit easier.

Is the USP Tactical as accurate as the USP Expert? I realize there is a difference in sight radius, but other than that...?

Is the USP Tactical all that much more impressive than the regular USP? I figured that the O-ring and the trigger would make the difference, but I could be wrong. I am using this mostly for home defense and as a backwoods/hunting gun, so accuracy at longer ranges is paramount. That is why I am torn between the Expert and the Tactical.
Power is also important, and I plan to shoot some .45 Super through them once in a while.

thanks!

I think it would depend on the holster. I think that the USP and the Tactical are similar enough in profile that the only problem with fit would be the length of the barrel. If you had the open muzzle type (unenclosed muzzle) of holster it probably wouldn't be a problem. If I remember correctly the Tactical may also have the ambidexterous controls. Shake

Red Bull,

I think the only problem you would have in holstering a USP Tactical in a USP holster is the taller adjustable sights...if you can get them in the holster you will be o.k..

I think the only difference between the Tactical and Expert is the sight radius and barrel length.

The USP Tactical will run about $800, where the USP can be found at gun shows for $450.00. I'm not sure it's worth it...but as soon as funds allow, I'm looking for one too (Tactical).

Good luck on your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back