USP Elite

CockNBama

Saw this pistol in .45 for the first time, and am taken with it. Unfortunately, it's out of reach for me now, unless I sell other guns to get the cash.

Since I can't find it listed in the usual places, I thought I'd ask about it here. Is it not widely available? If the gun I saw is a once inna late life experience, I may try to get it.

I'd love to own an H&K USP45 Elite someday... I swear, that gun has it all. It's got the look, (like an oversized Walther PP) the power, (.45 ACP) the durability, (capable of handling .45 Super) and just about all the features that anybody could possibly want out of a heavy duty, all-purpose, hammer-fire, DA/SA pistol.

The only downside is the magazine capacity, 10 rounds in a pistol with such a long grip seems like too little. Fortunately, from what I've heard their are aftermarket followers which can increase the magazine capacity up to 12 rounds without any decrease in reliability.

There were a couple short runs of 45 Elites brought over, with the 10-round limit to cater to the CA market. Since they're based on the standard USP 45 frame, you can easily swap out the mags with the ubiquitous factory 12-rounders.

My understanding is that HK USA said they won't ever import them again, so they aren't nearly as available anymore. I have one in 45 and 9mm, and they are stunning to shoot. I particularly love the 9mm, I think simply because I've shot it way more so the trigger has become incredibly smooth.

That being said, while they are special I think you can get 90% of the experience with the standard models fitted with upgraded match trigger components. The Elites have some hand fitting and accurizing at the factory, and the extended sight radius helps, but the stock USP platform is capable of some great results, too.

If you want it in 45, you could look at an HK45. Easier to find, cheaper, and has the O-ring barrel and some of the parts that make up the match trigger kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot the best centerfire group of my personal record using the Elite. An excellent target gun. I've always considered it a far better gun than my abilities to make optimum use of it's qualities.

The standard mag holds 12 rounds, not 10 as some seem to think. Ten is the government mandate in some states. It does not however share the same mag as the MK23.

I do not think it is rated for .45 Super nor would I wish to use it in a target gun. I doubt a HK spring set is available to handle the extra power. Otherwise you'd be battering that hand fitted action too much IMHO.

The .45acp version is fairly easy to find under or at the $1000 mark. It's the 9mm that commands unusually high prices.

The only downside is the magazine capacity, 10 rounds in a pistol with such a long grip seems like too little.

Does the USP45 Elite not accept the same standard 12-round magazines as a regular USP45?

Fishbed77 said:
Does the USP45 Elite not accept the same standard 12-round magazines as a regular USP45?

It does, same frame as the normal USP45. These came with 10-rounders so they'd be available to the CA market.

The USP in any variant is an excellent shooter. I have a full size in .40s&w, best poly hammer fired .40 you can get, but also one of the pricier ones. I dont shoot it as often, because unfortunately I shoot my Glock 23 a little bit better. But if I could only have 1 poly pistol it'd most likely be a USP.

Back