USP Compact .45

glockten

Today, a buddy of mine asked if I wanted to ride down to the gun store with him; he was shopping for a scope. Without thinking, I said "Sure".

Long story short, I now have GOT to have a two-tone USP Compact .45. I handled one in the store and fell in lust with it.

Questions:

The mag looked like a double-row, but it only held 8 rounds. Why?

Are there any 10-rounders available?

Get the two-tone HK while you can because the stainless option is being phased out for 2001. Also, HK is having a price hike anywhere from 6-10%.
As for your other questions, I don't have a clue.

The USP Compact .45 mag is a double row mag, it is also made of steel unlike the USP fullsized guns. Both of these steps were taken to minimize the length and bulk of the grip while stuffing as many rounds of .45 in the mag as possible.

Don't know if I read the post right but the USP .45 Full also has steel mags for the same reason - minimize grip length. The biggest problem with the USP series is the size. The accuracy, reliability and toughness are right up there with the best of them.

Just got back from the gun shop. They had a full-size USP .45 stainless for less money than the Compact, so I put it on layaway. The extra size didn't bother me.

My first HK, I can't wait to pick it up!:D

Congrats, I'm sure you will love it. The size does not bother me either, just right for a full size pistol. Let us know how it shoots.

I finally got it! I only got to shoot 30 rounds through it today, 20 Cor-Bon +P 200gr. JHPs and 10 S&B 230gr. FMJs.

Accuracy is superb, it feels great in my hand, and I like that I can carry it cocked & locked. Plus it fits the Galcos that I have for my G20 and P220!

I've got that new gun high again!:D

Back