Status
Not open for further replies.

jfleming

my new h&k usp 9mm fails to fully eject the
spent cartridge about 50% of the time. i
was firing winchester 115 grain. i went back
to the dealer and talked to him. he suggested that i was limb wristing and said
that i didn't have enough oil on the gun. he
had it dripping. he gave me some samson carbine ammo and sent me to the range. of course it worked fine. he said that it would take some "breaking in". i've fired 200 rounds thru it and with 115 grain it still fails to eject about 30% of the time. i like the gun, but can't afford to shoot +p ammo all the time. will it get better? jf

A 30 percent failure rate is more than break-in.

I have a USP9. I have fired at least 1,500 rounds of Winchester USA 115, and I have had only one failure to fully eject the cartridge, and that was in the first 50 rounds. I used Winchester USA exclusively during the break-in period. I have also fired Sellier and Bellot, Aguila, PMC, and Geco in my USP. There was no problem with any of this ammunition.

I would let some other people fire the gun. If the problem is limp wristing, the gun should work fine for them.

Has the problem occurred with both of your magazines?

How many rounds of the Samson did you fire?

First the dealer is wrong! I have to agree with Cawdor. I too have a USP9mm and have but 1/2 dozen so failures to eject but that was do to my light reloads. I have had no problems with factory ammo and have about 5000rnd thru mine in about 3yrs.

Colt

I bought a USP 9 back in 95 and had the same problem. I called HK and the guy was as perplexed as I was. Turns out, that since I shoot with my thumbs "stacked," (both thumbs pointing towards the target) my top thumb was rubbing the slide and causing the failures to eject. After I lowered my thumbs and ensured that they no longer contacted the slide, the problems stopped. My wife used to limp wrist it, though, and all that happened was the brass came straight back on her head, burned her eyebrow and put her off shooting for a couple of months.

There is one little problem. Apparently, when they cut the slide for the slide release, they cut it too shallow, so if you pop the base plate of your magazine, the slide releases on its own.

I still love my HK though.

For HK USP9 guys...

How do you like the trigger on your HKs?

I did not buy USP in 9 mm, because the
one I checked out in a gun store had
pretty heavy trigger pull, both in DA
and SA.

What about your experience?

I had the same problem first 10 rds, but then I had more than 700rds without any problem using very often the same ammunition as in the beginning. So you may have a gun problem.

Regarding trigger pull - I compared it side by side with Beretta 92 and SIG 220. It is better then Beretta and from my impression the same as SIG.

Regards

Zentao

for once my usp 9mm did great today. i shoot 40 rounds of the samson carbine rounds then i shot 10 rounds of 115 grain union metallic ammo and it ejected them all. still have some more testing to do before i decide not to trade it in (love the gun and fits my hand like a glove). i will also let someone else shoot the gun just to make sure i'm not limp wristing on occation. i've shoot the glock 19 and had no ejection problems (limp wristing). buying more 115 grain tomarrow and will shoot thursday. thanks for the help. jf

Zentao, Unicron.

Thanks for reply. I asked because I compared
HP USP9 trigger with CZ75B trigger, the last
being considerably nicer and lighter in both DA and SA. Also, what "shocked" me is the
flexibility of the front part of the HK
frame - I was able to deflect it a bit
with just a finger pressure...And those
terribly expensive magazines.
Anyway, I passed on HK USP9 for $600 and
bought CZ-75B for $300...Of course, I'm
very happy and didn't have a single jam
or other problem since I opened the box
and started shooting this terribly elegant
pistol...

Thanks again, gentlemen.

Oris,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your new CZ75B...nothing like the pride of owning a fine weapon. I have never seen one before, does yours look like this?

Cz_75_b.jpg

Pretty cool looking weapon...do they make a compact?

Unicron,

There is CZ75 Compact, barrel is 4 inches
and magazine capacity is 13 rounds (4.75/15
for full size CZ75). You can get some
literature from CZ-USA, phone #913-321-1811
I like dealing with CZ-USA - called them
a couple of time, and they shipped me
any spare parts I requested, no problem.
Just ask to talk to a gunsmith (Mike?)..
I heard this is not a case with HK...

From the HK mailing list I heard that the USP trigger pull could be improved by spraying a little shot of dry lube in the small hole in the base of the hammer. I found that the DA trigger pull on my HKs wasn't as smooth as I would have liked so I tried it. I also sprayed the trigger assembly down. The pull is definitely better now.

If that's not good enough ship it to HK and ask them to install a Match trigger, like the one they use on their Tactical and Expert models. Its expensive but definitely worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back