USP 45 Compact

AAChang

For those of you that use a USP 45 Compact, what is your self defense load and what comments do you have about "felt recoil"

I use Corbon 185 gr +P, Fed. PD 165 gr, or Win. Silvertips for HD, S&B 230 gr ball for practice. Overall, I find it to be a soft shooter as .45's go (compound recoil springs set-up works well), though themuzzle flip is noticeable because it's relatively light. HTH, M2

Well, I don't use my UPS 45 Compact for defensive purposes. If I did, I'd use Remington Gold Saber 185 gr, either +P or regular.

I agree with Mike in VA that the recoil is pretty soft, but the muzzle flip is significantly more than my Kimber Compact.

M1911

Mine is loaded with Winchester SXT 230 gr JHP. I mostly shoot S&B 230 gr ball for practice. I'd say that felt recoil is very manageable and not any worse than any other polymer (or steel for that matter) framed .45.

I carry 230gr Hydra-Shok in my USP .45 Compact, the recoil and muzzle flip is about on par with the full-size Glock 21 that I used to own, and softer than the LW Commander that I used to pack.

I'v been using Cor bon 200gr +p and I'm very happy with it. Try a few different brands for yourself and go with what you like. Recoil with the Cor bon ammo is negligable.

Back