USP 40S&W ---> 9mm. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexusLexus

Inactive
I remember I was surfing the web and I ran across a website that mentioned a kit that can convert a USP 40 to 9 and vice-versa. I know the Sigs have such kits, does such a conversion kit exsist for the USP? if it does, where can I get one and how much will it cost? Or, better yet could I do a simple barrel swap?

BTW, I dont own this gun but seriously considering it. It will be great if the USP can fire both calibers

It should be no problem, but yould need the 9MM mags too. But I dont know if they would work right...
I could see going 9 to 40... but 40 to 9? Are you sure you would really want ot do that? ;)

------------------
Not all Liberals are annoying... Some are Dead.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

The only way to do this properly is to have 2 entire slide assemblies one in 9mm and one in 40 s&w. The reason is the the breech face of a 9mm will be to small for a 40 s&w and a 40 breech face will be to big for the 9mm. The 40 will not fit the 9mm because it will not fit into the "slot" in the breechface and the 9mm to 40 the "slot" will be too loose and probably will not extract the cartridge. If you want interchangeble cartridges you will need to use a calibre that uses the same size rim. Like 40 s&w and the 357 sig. Or the 45 acp. and the 400 Cor-Bon.

Besides the cost of an extra slide assembly alone will probably be almost enough to buy the different calibre as a complete weapon.

------------------
Disperse you rebels, disperse and lay down your weapons at once

Exactly. On the HK-List, someone advertised a "conversion" kit--complete with extra slide, barrel (40 or 9, depending on the caliber), and recoil assembly for about $500. Better to spend a little extra (or less, depending on where you get the gun) for a complete pistol.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back