Using Chinese Throwing Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe for fun, but certainly not for defensive purposes. Even a well placed hit is not immediately fatal and will probably cause your target to escalate to a much more effective weapon... SUCH AS A GUN!!! I certainly would not use throwing stars if the bad guy already has a gun out. Then again... I am NOT a ninja. :rolleyes:

Get a set for fun if you like but nothing more. Technology has changed quite a bit since the day of the ninja... While throwing stars are silent, guns tend to be MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!!!

They're fun to play with....

Problem is, in a situation that might legally warrant their use, they ARE going to be considered a deadly weapon.

If I'm going to use a deadly weapon, I'm going to use a DEADLY weapon. I'm not messing with anything less when it comes time for lethal force.

Not to mention carrying them on you is a major no no in most states. Anything with two points or more is verboten for carry in Virginia outside of private property.

OK, I'm all for alternatives, but shuriken?

Sorry, but now we're getting too far out in left field. Let's get back to at least semi-serious tactics and training.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back