Used Sp101

TBOY

Inactive
Just wanting some input. There is a used sp101 .357 for sale at the local shop. 2.25 inch barrel, stainless. Gun seems to be in great shape. They are asking $325. Good deal or should I hold off for a better deal.

Sounds a bit on the high side. Blue Book value in 98% is $285 in 95% is $240. So somewhere in that neighborhood would be a fair price.

Sounds high to me.

I bought one new the end of March, and the shop had it in the case listed at $389. I'd offer $225 and buy at $240. They're good guns. Frankly, I think a used one is likely to be a little nicer than a new one, because someone else has smoothed up the action a bit. Ruger says the SP-101 is okay for dry-firing, and I've never seen one that went out of time. It's a pretty safe buy. I like mine a bunch - you know it's always going to work.

Great revolver, but it is a bit pricey. For comparative purposes, within the last year I bought two NIB Ruger GP-100s (both the four-inch, all stainless KGP-141 model) through gunbroker.com for <$350. I would shoot for the high $200s.

Back