Used S&W Model 64

Siggy-06

After shopping around online a bit in the used section on several sights, I came across some used S&W Model 64's(no lock, wood grips) for $339. A nice model 10 has been on my want list for a while just for plinking, but a stainless version in VG-Excellent condition sounded great. I'll post some pics once I pick it up.

Any info about these pretty .38 special revolvers from S&W?

Last edited:
I was searching for a Model 10 also, found an old Model 64 police trade in and figured I'd get it to tied me over tell I found a Model 10 that would suit me.

I fell in love with the 64, smother then a prom queens thighs, turned out to be my main target handgun. I shoot it better then any of my semi's.

I still wont pass up a good (old) Model 10, but my '64 would be hard to replace.

GEDC2143.JPG

They are great guns. My son just left town with my 3" in his bag. That sounds like a fair price and a dab of white paint in the front sight will probably aid you immensely in shooting that gun accurately.

My model 64 snub is one of my favorites. I would jump on a 4 inch 64 at that price. A 3 inch would be even more desirable.

I picked up my Model 64 today. Everything came out to be $355 with shipping and transfer. As for the gun, its dirty. Looks like they ran a good 250 rounds through it than put it for sale and never cleaned it. The wood grips are in ok condition, the barrel is great, front sight is sharp, trigger is smooth. There are a few scuffs and dings and I will be polishing it. The hanmer mounted firng pin is still in good shape. I'm not sure if the extra $10 hand pick was worth it for what I got, but she'll clean up good. I'll post some pics soon of a before and after.

Back