Used S&W 686 w2.5" barrel

DennisE

Just saw one of these in excellent shape for sale for $320 (OTD). Does anyone own or have shooting experience with one of these critters. If so, any comments regarding their shootability, handling characteristics, concealibility and potential suitibility for IDPA would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dennis

Excellent carry gun. Does well in steels or IDPA etc. Very accurate. Price sounds ok if in great shape. Not good for fast n fancy, goes out of time very quickly if doing extremely rapid fire. Wore one out in bout year n a half. Would do again if price bout where you saw that one. Would love to have a 2.5" 586, best of both worlds.

Sam

I got one

I picked up one on consignment for 295 about six months ago. It was in new condition with the smooth fingergroove grips. Shoots very well. You'll like it. The only thing that annoys me is the lack of a full length ejector rod.

A local pawn shop has a 4" 686, like new for $389.00 OTD. They wouldn't budge off of that price. What do you all think about that price? 'Seems kind of high to me. Thank you...

A local pawn shop has a 4" 686, like new for $389.00 OTD. They wouldn't budge off of that price. What do you all think about that price? 'Seems kind of high to me. Thank you...

I bought a LNIB 686+ (7-shooter) with 6" barrel a couple months ago for $350. Thought I got a good deal. The gun shoots like a dream (SA trigger excellent). I bought the gun off the internet from gunsamerica.com (these guys are brokers, but its organized like a retail store, not an auction).

Gunsamerica is good to survey market prices: its easy to do a keyword search for a particular weapon, and quickly compare prices. I just ran a search for "686", and got about 60 hits. Some have complained that gunsamerica listings are dated...that is, merchants aren't good about removing guns that have been sold. When I bought my pistol, the transaction went without a hitch, it was delivered to my FFL four days after I made the call. Worth checking out. Has anyone else had experience buying thru gunsamerica.com?

Back