Used S&W 586 w/8-3/8 tube...$$??

Rainbow Six

Ran across a used 586 with an 8-3/8 barrell. The tag says $250 but I know I can get it cheaper than that if I want it. The finish is in pretty good shape with wear to the bluing on the barrell tip and a blemish on the bluing on the cylinder but no scratches, etc. The trigger feels like it's on greased ball bearings! Wickedly smooth! It also has a new looking set of S&W wood grips.

Is this barrell length sort of rare? I've never seen one before. Is it worth around $200 if I can get it for that? I'd think so, but I don't keep up with revolver prices.

Thanks,
R6

I'd say it's easily worth $200. I have one and I love it. Nothing says "I am serious" like that long barrel. I think Tamara has one too.

I think it would command the asking price

around here, easily. If you can bag it for any less than that, good luck and Godspeed to ya'.

Cool. Thanks for the replies. I think I'll slide back in there Friday and see what I can nab it for. I'll post an update when I get home, hopefully with the gun. :D

R6

That barrel length books for 22.00 premium. Looks like bout 225 would put you in good shape.........less is better.

Sam

$225 got it out the door with a box of .357 practice ammo and an hour range time. Guess I done ok... Still can't get over how nice the action is!! :D

BTW, it ain't a "dash" gun. It does have an "M" between the serial # and "Mod 586" on the frame. Serial # starts with ADD. Anyone able to determine date of birth by that info?

Back