Used ruger redhawk 44mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Just bought a Ruger redhawk,in 44mag. blue 5.5 in. barrel.300.00 for the gun, it`s in 98% condition. Have not shot it yet. Can anyone tell me about this gun, your feeling`s about it etc. Nickster!

I think the Redhawk is a great DA .44 Magnum. The only change I'd like to see would be the replacement of the square butt grip frame with a "stud" frame like that of the GP-100 and the Super Redhawk.

I own both the redhawk and a super RH...Matt's right; the grip on the redhawk is a bit awkward. I dressed mine with a Hogue wooden monogrip, which drastically improved both looks and handling qualities.
I think you have one of the finest .44 Mags ever made. Just keep it clean -- in my experience the action gets a little sticky if too much residue builds up. Otherwise, the trigger is great, DA or SA. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal...

I've got a 5.5 Redhawk too and just love it. Mine is a Stainless .357 Magnum though. I replaced the standard springs with a kit from Wolff and it really helped the trigger. Great revolver, and you got a good deal too.

------------------
TJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back