Used 700 LTR Price??

mathman

What do you all consider to be a fair price for the following firearm?

Remington 700 LTR in 308, Badger mounts and rings, Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 power scope with TMR, about 400 rounds through the gun.

Thanks for your time.

$1500 Tops. When I owned a LTR in 6.8 they went for about $900 new.

So for a used one.. $750... plus whatever you think you can get out of the mounts and scope. If you find the right buyer... maybe more. Personally I do not like 50mm scopes... so I wouldn't really be willing to drop extra money for one as easily as some.. that's just me.

I understand what you're saying, but it would be hard to sell a gun for $1500 when I've got over $2300 into it. It's all about finding the right buyer I suppose.

"...got over $2300 into it..." You'll never get back what you put into any rifle. You can buy a BNIB rifle for under a grand at Impact Guns. Your scope is too big in size and magnification.

Your scope is too big in size and magnification.

I'm not sure what you mean. A 4.5 to 14 power scope is too big for a rifle that is intended to easily shoot 600 yards?? And I understand that you'll never get back what you put into a gun...but an $800 loss is a bit much. I appreciate the opinions...I'm not desperate to sell...only curious.

About $1,800 is right.

Used Mark 4s, 4-14ish go for about $1,000. I got a 6.5-20 TMR w/ Illum Reticle for $925.

A Remington LTR new is about $947, a 15-20% discount for used guns and you have approximately $800.

You would probably get more for the gun if you parted it out.

Most buyers wouldn't want that exact scope, or that exact gun, or that exact ring and base, etc. etc.

If you sold it as a package deal, I really wouldn't look at it beyond $1,500, unless you showed me how tight the gun could group.

I was also wondering why the scope would be considered too big, or too high of a magnification, i was actually looking to acquire this exact rifle/scope, or possibly even put a nightforce 3.5-15x50.

Back