USAS-12

Skans

Fun shotgun. I have one which I registered on a Form 1. Is there anyway to find out how many of them got registered? While I used to see these for sale for about $1,500 a couple of years ago, they seem to have dried up.

I don't know what the USAS-12 does that an AR or Saiga shotgun doesn't do.

Last edited:
You have a select fire or semi automatic USAS? It seems they've been around long enough to have registered samples but I'm not sure how you'd put it on a Form 1.

Mine is semi-auto. Had to register it on a Form 1 when Clinton's ATF passed a stupid ruling makeing them Destructive Devices. In the '90's you either had to register them or they were immediate contraband.

That's right, same thing that happened in Canada and Australia actually happened here in the US under President Clinton. Not many folks knew about it because it was targeted toward the Striker shotgun, USAS-12, and a couple of others.

"street sweeper" as well. I remember when I started seeing a ton of the USAS at a local class III gun shop. They had some sort of deal set up where they built them on contract (if I understood the owner) he showed me the equipment they had in the back shop. pretty interesting.

I have only seen two USAS shotguns for sale in person. One at KCR and one at an OGCA show.

I saw one in the hands of an agent of some kind in a poorly set up gun-show sting/fishing operation.

edit: I just saw an add for a USAS $4995. Comes with one drum and one stick.

Last edited:
Back