Usas-12

Rant Casey

Anyone own one or have an chance to fire one? My local shop has one and i'm considering paying the tax and picking it up. Something about it just appeals to the kid in me that says "YEAH AUTO SHOTGUN!!!!!!".

I shot one a few times years ago, the USAS will group slugs well and has little recoil, but I would not want to have to carry it around.(Too dam heavy)

The novelty quickly wore off and have had no desire to own one since.

Considering what they cost as well as the tax stamp, you could get something else really nice in the 12 Ga. category, something that is not so cumbersome.

Pro's and con's from a previous owner -

Pro
Definitely MagaForce :)
Recoil is Very low, due to the 12lb weight unloaded, 13-15lbs loaded weight and the long-recoil gas system.
AR pistol grips will fit, but not ones with enhanced backstraps.
The rear sight riser accepts any -A1 style scope attachment.

Con
10-rnd magazines are difficult to find, 20-rnd drums are near impossible.
AR pistol grips will fit, but not ones with enhanced backstraps.
Milling off the rear sight riser and attaching a Picatinny M1913-spec rail gives a much wider range of sight systems.
FMCO used to have magazine pouches, today you'd have to get them custom made, but that's too difficult nor expensive.

I saw one for sale at a gun show in early March. I'm pleased to say that the $1,214.00 I spent in early '91 was a fantastic buy.

I saw one at an NFA dealer's store and they wanted $3,500 IIRC plus the $200 tax. It looked real cool & all but that's about it for me.

For that price you may as well get a Tromix Saiga 12 SBS that will be much cooler (in my opinion), cheaper, has plenty of mags from 5-20 rounders and easier to deal with since DDs can be quite a hassel from what I've heard.

Back