US versions of famous assault rifles

Apeach

Someone should start a US company that makes single shot versions of major assault rifles (kind of like Special Weapons). I know I'd buy a single shot copy of something like a FA MAS, FN FNC, SIG 550, or something of the sort. I'd think that they'd be very successful.

I sure wouldn't buy one. If I'm limited to a single-shot action, there are way better (lighter, more accurate) guns to choose from. You'd just be buying a novelty item, IMO. I'll pass.

Better to vote in pro-gun politicians that will restore our rights than to make a lame single shot firearm with looks of automatic weapon.

If I want a single-shot, I would buy a Trapdoor Springfield or Sharps rifle.

I think he means semi-automatic (right????) or he lives in Kali, which would explain the grammar and the single shot. I've often wondered that myself. I would love to buy a semi-auto G-36, FNC, Galil, FAMAS, and others. Some can be had, but are imported and very pricey. Others would require neutered mags or conversions to more common mags. I think the market would be too small to move manufacturing equipment here, and the rifles wouldn't be able to compete with the excellent AR-15, part-guns like the Fal, or the cheap commie AKs. I can't see why companies like HK don't license their stuff to groups like SW though. Cheap domestic clones wouldn't hurt the international or LEO market at all, and would open up the massive US civilian market. Just a couple of US parts to make the cut, them import the rest. Use Fal, AR, or AK mags as necessary. SW tried it, but I'm not sure how much HK support Todd had, and his customer service and QA seemed to be lacking a bit (plus his prices weren't all that great). We have domestic Fals now, and some AKs. The G-36 can be cobbled together at extreme costs. But thats about it. Hell, I'd like a B.A.R., but the only semi's I've seen are $2500, whats up with that??? LAter.

Back