US REVOLVER Co. Indentification info. please

This beauty came from and old torn down jail house in South Central Texas!
Barrel length is 5 & 1/2", 38 cal.,Stamped top of frame 'U. S. Revolver Co. Made in The USA. ,5 shot, free spin cyclinder,# 20825 on trigger guard.No other markings , and did not remove left or right gripes.Took it to Cabelas and stumped him, He said not Iver Johnson, but thought it was interesting. any info is appreciated. Three pictures attached.
Tom

Attachments

• MVC-206F.jpg
    MVC-206F.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,072
  • MVC-207F.jpg
    MVC-207F.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 663
  • MVC-208F.jpg
    MVC-208F.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 541
It is an Iver Johnson in that it's a "house brand" gun made by IJ under the USRCO name. It was IJ's way of getting a piece of the low-end market when they were primiarly selling mid-level handguns.

It sure LOOKS like an I.J. economy model. But the grips are unusual, the only pictures I could find, the hard rubber grips have a U.S. logo. Kind of like a USFA SAA clone. Yours are different and interesting.

I realize that its low end, and interesting, but how can I be sure it's an Iver J.? I think the gripes are the main way to tell for sure who made this puppy. Thanks for your input so far!!

The grips are Forehand & Wadsworth prior to being purchased by Iver Johnson. If the gun is marked U.S. Revolver it's an Iver Johnson built from Forehand parts.

Back