US Optics MR10 vs LR17 (1.8-10x vs 3.2-17x)

ingEneer22

I'm finishing up an AR308 build. I've done my homework and have spent some money on quality parts and an 18" JP Supermatch barrel. I've included a brief description of some key parts below. I'm looking in the direction of optics now and am fairly uneducated in terms of "tactical scopes." I have grown up using Leupold 3-9x scopes on hunting rifles which are very simple compared to the options that are available on these higher priced tactical scopes. Some key features I am specifically looking for include a front focal plane, illuminated reticle, capable of shooting accurately at 600 yards and punching steel torsos at 1000. I will be doing some benchrest shooting and also a bit of hunting with this rifle.

I'm afraid that US Optics LR17 (3.2-17x) may be a bit overkill for a semi auto .308 AR. At the same time, if this rifle is capable of accurate 1000 yard shots, I do not want to end up with the MR10 (1.8-10x) wishing I had the LR17. I'm not 100% sure what these rifles are capable of and want to be sure to get the right equipment for the job!

18" JP Supermatch barrel
JP Enhanced High Pressure bolt
Rubber City Armory bolt carrier
Geissele DMR trigger
Magpul PRS stock

Any advice would be appreciated. Also I'm not sold on US Optics, they seem to have a good reputation and put a check in all my boxes.

Back