Urgent price check on used 442

If that's the new posting for today, I'd be REAL careful. The .38 Super does NOT belong in the cylinder of an Airweight.:eek: Though based on what Clark seems to have experienced, there's probably no harm done.:)

Oh yeah, snag it.:D

Not a bad price. I just saw one today in a local shop that was pretty much in new shape, no wear at all, priced at $229.

Hi, Victor. You nailed it buddy. The only hesitation I have is about the .38 Super bit.

Rob96, you don't have a phone number for that shop, do you? Do you know if they'd do inter-state sales?

They're 369.00 new here (and they're probably higher in most stores)...i paid 200 for a used one off a friend..i probably would have paid at least 275-300 in a shop...grab it....i love mine...don't miss my 60 at all...except the action is a bit stiffer on the 442.....(i did an action job on my old smith, but I think I'll leave this one stock)

I though so, buzz. I just sold mine for $275, and it had seen some good honest use. So, there's no question that's a great price. The seller must agree to a 3-day inspection/return, that should be enough time to get it to a local smith for all the proper safety and function checks. Worst case scenario, you are out the s&h both ways.

A good price - jump on it. I remember back in 97 when I got mine, I paid $244 with taxes and tags. It just went in a trade for a Kimber custom gun.

Worth it if in top condition. Remember that it is an Airweight and if it has been abused could have a cracked frame. I had a model 38 pinned barrel that was NIB and had a cracked frame. S&W had over torqued the barrel when assembling. If it is in good shape $200-$250 with the higher end including box and papers. A friend of mine bought a 638 last year from Bachman NIB for $329.

Back