Urban Carry & CC holster

mk117

Inactive
Has anyone tried the Urban Carry Holster? What are your thoughts?
I've tried several holsters, but the biggest problem I run into is that, as a carpenter, I'm often bending over and twisting which often results in my gun being uncovered. Any suggestions?

I wasn't familiar with the urban carry holster so I just finished checking out the website. while its an interesting concept, I'd stay clear of it myself. For one thing, it appears to require two hands to draw. Also, it might not be possible to draw it from a contorted position, such as bending forward or maybe even seated.

Best carry method for you will depend mostly on what gun you carry and how you dress.

I understand a belt holster may not be possible for you if you wear a tool belt daily. So a few other options to consider:

-- Pocket carry is a nice option for ultra compacts like the LCP, Kel Tec, etc.

-- Some guys like ankle carry; might be something to think about.

-- I frequently use a belly band holster ( Desantis) that I'm quite happy with.

-- under heavier clothing a shoulder holster is a nice option for all day carry. Bianchi makes a nice one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

A friend of mine let me try his with my LC9s since I was thinking of getting one. Every time I pulled it up to draw my gun, the gun went flying out of the holster before I could grab it. This was in the proper size recommended for the LC9s. So I passed on getting one.

Got one, looked like a good idea but does not do what they claim. It is uncomfortable, catches my pant leg when I try to sit. Gun won't draw consistently. I pocket or IWB carry. They have a new version but the results are the same.

I wasn't familiar with the urban carry holster so I just finished checking out the website. while its an interesting concept, I'd stay clear of it myself. For one thing, it appears to require two hands to draw. Also, it might not be possible to draw it from a contorted position, such as bending forward or maybe even seated.

Best carry method for you will depend mostly on what gun you carry and how you dress.

I understand a belt holster may not be possible for you if you wear a tool belt daily. So a few other options to consider:

-- Pocket carry is a nice option for ultra compacts like the LCP, Kel Tec, etc.

-- Some guys like ankle carry; might be something to think about.

-- I frequently use a belly band holster ( Desantis) that I'm quite happy with.

-- under heavier clothing a shoulder holster is a nice option for all day carry. Bianchi makes a nice one.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Thanks! I wear the Cross Breed I.C.E. belly band and love it. Unfortunately our company t-shirts aren't terribly long, so it doesn't take much to expose my gun.
Might have to think about a slimmer gun for pocket or ankle carry. Currently running a Glock 26.

Another option you might consider is inside the waistband appendix carry. This practically eliminates the problem of your gun becoming exposed when you bend forward or reach high. Your Glock 26 would be perfect for this.

While an excellent carry method, it does have its downsides. In particular, the direction that the muzzle points on us guys. :eek:

It definitely requires extra thought, caution, and a good quality holster. But it might be another option for you.

MandolinMan has given you the best options do far, pay attention to his advice.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Back