Upstate Ny opening day results

upstate81

Well it finally happened at about 930 am. This giant came in at 80 yards through some really thick stuff. I had literally one shot i could take and he gave it to me. Nailed him in the boiler room. He has a 19 1/2 inside spread and weighed 200 lbs on the butchers scale. He estimated he would have been 240 on the hoof. Were thinkin he will go mid to low 130s. The rem 700 in 30-06 got the job done. This is my best buck to date. :D

Last edited:
Nice man. Where'd you get him? I'm in 7J/7H.

I saw a nice 8 pt just after legal light, and had just clicked the safety off when the other guy who has permission to hunt the property decided to head to his stand on his quad and drove right behind my buck, busting him out of there.

I ran into the other guy mid morning while walking around trying to kick something up. Said he overslept and would normally be on stand at 5am. Oh well, maybe this morning...

I shot him on my brother in laws property (8F) that borders a fenced in game preserve They run along that fence between a huge bedding area and corn fields/apple farms. I think they feel safe close to that fence. There have been 5 bucks that size and 1 bigger
taken in 6 years off that land

Back