UPS misses the point (surprise!)

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
I signed the UPS boycott petition. This morning, the following reply hit my mailbox:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Dear UPS Customer:

Thank you for your inquiry. We received your recent E-mail regarding the theft of handguns. It is our belief that if just one handgun is lost or stolen while in transit, that is one handgun too many. We are very proud of the work ethic of the more than 330,000 men and women who represent UPS in this country and around the globe. Their reputation for excellence is unsurpassed in the industry.

Thank you for using UPS Internet Services.

Joe
10/01/99 S-11
customer.service@ups.com http://www.ups.com
[/quote]

Weaseling bastards...

------------------
"Janet Reno is the fire that ignites my loins."
--Joe Cartoon

Modern Day Customer Service to any complaint -- "The Smiling Stonewall" -- 'Thankewhavanicedaynext?'.

I'll explain to them at length and in detail what the petition meant (at least my interpretation). I'll also mention how package traffic (not necessarily guns) at the USPS has picked up.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

got one on both my email addresses just about pissed me off they missed the hole point that or just refused to accept it and maled ou a standerd response to all

------------------
oneshotonekill

I got the same reply, so I sent them the following answer.

>Joe
>10/01/99 S-11
>customer.service@ups.com
>http://www.ups.com

You refuse to admit that you are using this excuse (theft of handguns) to further limit the ability of law abiding citizens to procure handguns. In your case, the further expense incurred by air shipments is the action you are taking to further your agenda. If theft is really the problem, then UPS has a problem with it's employees, and it is your responsibility to fix the problem. Instead, you make it more difficult and expensive for the industry to provide a legal product.
If you would be honest and admit that you believe that no one should be allowed to have a handgun, I would have more respect for you. At least you would be thruthful, instead of hiding behind a lame excuse of "theft".

In disgust,
August Giulianelli

Back