UPS dumps handgun shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elker_43

Well, things are getting worse by the day....I believe that the anti's are working behind the overtime behind the scene and clandestantly moving to strangle us all. As the fly on the wall, I can hear it now in the anti back rooms "stop the movement of these killing machines and we've solved the problem".
I really was wondering this all of this time about shipping, what is next?

UPS ends handgun deliveries ALLENTOWN, Pa. - United Parcel Service has decided to stop delivering handguns through its ground service, sending gunmakers scrambling to find alternatives to the world's largest package distribution company, The Morning Call reported Wednesday. Atlanta-based UPS - which handles the vast majority of firearms shipments - is changing its policy beginning Monday to reduce the risk of guns being stolen en route. ''We're trying to protect ourselves from employees stealing and criminals stealing,'' a UPS spokesman said. UPS will continue to ship long guns, rifles and shotguns by ground. UPS handles up to 75% of guns sent from manufacturers to distributors and nearly all firearms shipped from distributors to dealers, said an executive director of the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute. The U.S. Postal Service also will not send handguns by ground shipment, said an employee.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/digest/nd1.htm

Sounds to me like another shipping service is in order....How about all of the other shipping companies (Fedex, RPS, etc.). Will they follow as well?

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

[This message has been edited by Elker_43 (edited October 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Elker_43 (edited October 07, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back