• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Updates on Old Threads

Fal 4 Me

I spend a lot of time looking through the old threads and get frustrated because so many threads get cut short. The threads I'm talking about are the ones where a citizen uses a firearm to defend him/herself and his/her family. Mostly there is a debate where members put in their $.02 about what they would have done the same or differently then the thread ends. We need to complete these threads with the final resolution of the incident. Here is a thread that demonstrates what I mean. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37144
Some may remember the deacon who shot the sexual abuser of his granddaughter. He was charged with aggravated assault, and obviously everyone was on the side of the deacon. Well how did this turn out? It seems like posting the final resolution of these incidents, thought they may not turn out like many of us would hope, would help give a fuller picture and better understanding of the issues that face us all as gunowners. Those members who are lucky enough to hold ccw permits could especially benefit, because they are the ones most likely to end up in similar situations. Anyone else feel the same way?

Unfortunately, an awful lot of these things are never reported.

The media spends its time on the action, hardly ever on the result.

Back