Update on Texas Shooting

R W

I followed with interest the the posts regarding the shooting of two burgulars
in Houston Texas. Does anyone know the final outcome in relation to charges
being laid against JOE HORN.

Aparently in Texas you can defend you property and your neighbors with deadly force. I have heard from many Texans that it is stated in the Texas penal code or something.

Haven't heard much, I think the police have turned the case over to the Harris County DA, and the DA has yet to decide whether to take it to the Grand Jury. I am sure it will be in the news if the Grand Jury indicts or no bills.

The DA does not have a choice in taking the case to the grand jury. Since the shooting involves a homicide (2 actually), it goes to the grand jury as a default standard procedure.

Last I had heard, the Palestine police were still conducting the investigation into the shootings, so the investigation had not yet been turned over to the prosecutors and grand jury. As DNS mentioned, it will definitely go to the grand jury.

That fact that a plainclothes officer arriving on the scene apparently witnessed the shooting and Joe Horn was not arrested is very suggestive.

i did a search on the laws of texas when i first heard about this and i do belive i read that you could defend your property or others property with deadly force even if your life is not threatend.

i did a search on the laws of texas when i first heard about this and i do belive i read that you could defend your property or others property with deadly force even if your life is not threatend.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but yes. It was thoroughly discussed in either the last thread here or the one before.

There is no way that a Grand Jury in that part of Texas would indict him for this. He acted within Texas law. The community he resides him also supports him very strongly. This will go to a GJ and I say that they will return 'no bill'.

Back