Update on North American Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthTellers

I made a thread couple weeks ago about my issues with an NAA revolver I have. I disassembled and repaired the issue and it was the hand spring dislocating itself from the groove in the hammer and the hand.

I tested the indexing of the cylinder before I went to the range last week and it was working fine, 100%. Then I shot two rounds of Speer .22 Magnum and it had the indexing issue again.

It doesn't fail 100% of the time, but it doesn't index properly 100% of the time either.

Since it seemed .22 Mag was too much recoil for it, I switched to the .22 LR cylinder and was hitting those steel pig targets at 50 yards from a sitting position pretty well. Thus, at 50 yards, I'd say that the Minimaster is very capable of hitting an eight inch by 4 inch steel plate if you are steady enough.

Bottom line: When it works correctly, the NAA Minimaster is an awesome gun.

So I called NAA today and tried to get into contact with customer service, but all I got was a message telling me to leave a message. I did that, gave them my contact info because I want to know what they're going to charge me, if anything, before I send them my revolver.

I don't expect to hear back from them, but I figured it's best that I leave a message today just to try and will call back again tomorrow.

I didn't get to speak to an actual person, so I'm already starting to take points off for that.

Keep trying, otherwise at this point it's all on you.
You CAN get through to a live body if you try.
Denis

So I called NAA today and tried to get into contact with customer service, but all I got was a message telling me to leave a message. I did that, gave them my contact info because I want to know what they're going to charge me, if anything, before I send them my revolver.
Not unusual for the day after a holiday.
Lots of places run short staffed around a holiday.

Betcha Truthtellers will have better luck if he gets an 1877 (as per another of his threads) Colt Lightning. No spring troubles with that old gun. :D

They might get lots of calls after a holiday also.

Truth, just relax a bit, call again and get back to us if and when it is resolved.

So, it works just fine with the 22LR cylinder?

Sounds like a fun little gun.

Joe
No, it has issues with both cylinders currently.

I forget to mention that before I shot the 2 rounds of .22 Magnum I was shooting .22 Shorts and it didn't have any indexing problems with that. It was when I put the .22 Mag cylinder in and shot .22 Mag that it failed.

So, I went back to .22 Shorts and .22 LR because I figured the Magnums must have knocked something loose inside. Sometimes I'd pull the hammer back and it rotated the cylinder and locked it like normal, then it wouldn't for the next one or three, so when it failed to rotate the cylinder by pulling the hammer back, I just manually indexed the cylinder when it failed to index itself and shot it.

But yeah, it is a fun little gun and it has a great set of adjustable sights that make it easy to shoot well with.

A manufacturing plant I used to work for would shut down for 2 weeks at the Fourth of July and at Christmas for vacation and plant maintenance. So give them a little time. If you had sent it in when it was suggested in your other thread you may have had it back by now in perfect working order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back