Update on my search for a bolt action rifle.

jcolon95

After many months of reviews and the advive of all of you i have decided to purchase a Ruger American predator in .308 as my entry level budget rifle. It has lots of good reviews and i can add bipod, good scope, and a muzzel brake with my budget. I will update this when i take out to the range. Thanks again for everyone's input.

I am also getting a marlin lever action 45/70 any one has any input on this rifle?

Tell you what. I just got a new Mossberg in 243 just to fool eith and it is some rifle. With the plastic stock I set me back $299! Just starting shooting it and three of the first four groups went under 1 1/8" at 100 yds! I'm impressed. Never seen the inside of a stock like this before, I'd planned on bedding but no clue how I'd do it on this one. The trigger is the best I have ever fire on a factory rifle, breaks cleanly at 2 1/2#! You might look at one if you can find it!

recoil gets me. my ruger predator is in 243 shoots good. likewise the 45 70 in a marlin is too much but the 30 30 marlin is my favorite. bobn

Back