Update - New puppy for home security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet94

I started a thread about my new puppy for home security -

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422244

Well it’s been about 7 months ago and my puppy is still growing. His name is Buddy and I think he weights about 50 lbs now. Buddy is becoming a very good watchdog. He sits by the front or back door or looks out a window and barks if anyone is in sight. Nice to know no one will be able to sneak up on me at home. Plus his bark should make anyone up to no good move on to easier pickings. I sure like having a dog again.

Anyone else have a good watchdog? - pictures?

Buddy at 9 weeks -
DSC03802.jpg

Buddy now -
DSC04006.jpg

Nice dog.

From past experience with dog posts, though, tie in some tactical considerations (you did mention early warning, but expand on that), or else the thread will be locked before long.

IE, are you training him to do anything besides bark?

Would you have him patrol the house if something goes bump in the night, while you barricaded?

That kind of thing.

And again, nice dog. I have three myself. Jack Russell for early warning, and a pair of 60lb bully mixes for big bark deterrent. (No idea if they'd bite, but they sound ferocious.)

MLeake
From past experience with dog posts, though, tie in some tactical considerations (you did mention early warning, but expand on that), or else the thread will be locked before long.

Early warning is about all I expect of my dog but the other day I took Buddy for a walk and when we were about home there was a guy walking towards us. Buddy wanted to take his head off but since he was on a leash and under my control he didn’t. I think if anyone broke into my home he would attack them but this is not necessary to me. Just let me know if a BG is around and with that early warning time I’ll take care of the rest.

My Black Lab is nothing more than a loud alarm but she's works really well at that. Otherwise, after they were in, she'd show them where all the good stuff is in the house. Either that or she would lick them to death.

12-22-08023.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my little bud. A family dog is more than just a loving pet and playful companion. I couldn't imagine or have hoped for a better alarm than this little guy...

Ahem, ever vigilant on the job, ahem...

Blurry but I like the pic. Nose against the glass back door...

You ever seen a dog smile?

Last edited:
cappyasWWIaceinpursuitoftheRedBaroncrop.jpg

As noted by others, my dog is very alert and quick to speakup if someone approaches the house, or even comes up behind me when out in public.

Watch out invaders!

You couldn't tell from the pictures but she can hear footsteps 500ft away and sounds like a mastiff.;)

*sigh*

I realize that several similar threads have slipped through the cracks in the past, and there are times these dog threads are on topic, when the primary focus is on Tactics & Training.

That just ain't the case here.

Sorry guys, but this is off topic and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back