Update ATF Form 1 with changing stock on SBR?

Therapydude2

Inactive
I have a SBR registered AR lower. I would like to change the stock (currently a Magpul CTR) to a Magpul UBR (if they ever become available again). Obviously, this will change the overall length originally listed on my Form 1. What do I need to do? Send a letter to ATF with the new overall length? If so, will they send me any type of reply? Do I have to wait on a reply before installing the new stock? Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Just a thought, if you keep the parts so that the SBR can be returned to the registered condition, no change of registration is required.
If you are making a permanent change to the OAL then call the NFA branch and get the address and verbage for the status change letter.

Joat

personally i see no difference in this than if you had an illegal weapon.
The stock is different than what you registered. If they want the 5' #1crop batf agent to look at it do you think its the same? No.
PIcture 1 vs Picture 2.. you tell me. I know the intent but you know them.

JBS has a good idea of how -they- think but is incorrect.

if you keep the parts so that the SBR can be returned to the registered condition, no change of registration is required.
That is the right answer. That is what people across America do with their SBR and SBS to play around with the length. You can change what ever parts you want as long as you have the originals "readily available" to change it back to the way it is on paper. If you want to change the stock, just keep the CTR in the back of your safe with the stock wrench nearby.

Back