UPDATE: 5" groups with Ruger M77

Well, after much advice, I took the gun to Buds Gun Shop and had the trigger lightened to 4 pounds. Since it is mainly used for hunting I wanted a weight that would be comfortable with gloves in the extreme cold.

I just got it back from the smithy and took it out to the farm tonight. It was like a dream, a totally different rifle. The break in the trigger is very smooth and I was able to get a 1.5" group at 100 yards and a 2.5" group at 200 yards!!!:D I was totally floored at the difference.

Besides the trigger job, I also used many suggestions I received on here like, taking my time and letting the rifle rest, etc... Needless to say I am thoroughly pleased and Deer Rifle season opens this coming Saturday... I've already taken a doe during muzzleloader season and buck fever has definetly set in.

Thanks for everyones advice and now I thoroughly enjoy my Ruger (I never thought I would be saying that:eek:)

Good to hear it! I also have a M77 in 25-06, and havent shot it yet. I have been reading extensivly about the guns and others preformance. I have high hopes after some tuning and re-loading. One thing every one agrees on, the gun is a tank.

Back