Unusual written law. Michigan

Actually, it doesn't "suggest" that it's legal for a CPL holder to open carry in the prohibited areas, it comes right out and states that.

chex, greetings from a fellow resident of Moscow on the Huron. You are correct in your reading of the law. It does indeed allow for CPL holders to OC in PFZ's. I've OC'd in bars a few times (it does not allow you to have any BAC).

You cannot OC in PFZs without a CPL, though.

You may also try http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/

How many from MI have contacted elected reps and senators and tell them to support the pending laws to remove PFZs CEZs or whatever you prefer to call them.. While your at it tell them that HITLER loved gun registration. Why do we have it??

Do it today.

While your at it tell them that HITLER loved gun registration.

Hitler also enjoyed architecture and rescued Germany's economy from the brink of total collapse. Does that mean I'm supposed to hate architecture and economic growth, too?

There are better arguments against the registration of firearms.

disclaimer for those missing the point: Hitler was a very evil person, but "Hitler did x so we should not do x" is not an argument.

""There are better arguments against the registration of firearms.""

We dont hear any of them here in MI. Most gunnys think the new streamlined system is like sliced bread. No mention is made of INFRINGEMENT..

We dont hear any of them here in MI. Most gunnys think the new streamlined system is like sliced bread. No mention is made of INFRINGEMENT..

I think a better argument is simply: Criminals won't register their guns because they are criminals. If the purpose of gun registering is to catch criminals then there is a structural flaw in gun registration.

Back