Unusual day with a 10-22

Little-e

Just a little advice for all you with 10-22's.

If you have any trigger work done, make damn sure that "dog leg" spring is on top of your bolt stop/disconnector before you shoot.

The trigger I just had worked on came back to me with the spring underneath the notch it was supposed to be in. Needless to say, the disconnector did not function. Wasn't I surprised when I pulled the trigger...

I am assuming this is very unsafe. Do not mess around with this. (You also get alot of funny looks.)

Good advice, Little-e. And here's another tip to stow away in the old gray matter. Whenever you work on the trigger mechanism, never load a full magazine for the first few shots. First load a single round to test function. Then load 2 to test for exactly what you discovered. Then 4 should be safe. If all those tests are ok, then you can load a full mag.

I would assume it probably is. I don't think the aluminum receiver is going to stand up to that abuse very long.

Naw, it won't hurt it. There is little, if any, difference in firing with 1/10th second between shots as there is with 10 seconds between shots. The barrel will get hotter faster, but you probably didn't do that more than once, so that doesn't matter either.

Back