Unknown Stock

csmith_519

Inactive
I recently inherited a rifle stock from my grandfather. it was one that he had built. I have no item what he was planning on doing with it. I would like to finish it on out but I am not sure of caliber and other things. is there a way to tell what caliber rifle it will fit? honestly I'm at a loss and don't even know how to fully explain what I am asking. and help is appriciated.

I don't guess you could show pictures. Somebody might recognize what action it was inletted for. But stocks are not caliber specific, they are made for an action and a barrel profile. The hole through the barrel does not show up on the stock.

Definitely worth your time and effort.

Honestly I'm at a loss and don't even know how to fully explain what I am asking. and help is appriciated.
Me too and I fully understand what you are asking. I had a similar experience and my stock was not as nice as yours. Took it to my parts guy and gave me two possible options. Eventually, one was on the money. Do you have a parts guy, in your area or one that has this kind of experience. Might try taking it to a local Gun-Show as there are a number of dealers that could narrow down the choices. .... :confused:

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!

Well, that makes three of us for the M70. Pre 64? Post 64? Post 64 classics? I'm thinking there may be enough wood left hat it could be used for any of those three. :cool:
Paul B.

Absolutely, positively Winchester Model 70. Only question now is pre-64 or post-64? Check the action screw spacing.

Back