Unknown Rifle stock

It's almost impossible to determine exactly what a stock was made for by just looking at it. Might be an M60. Might be any tube mag .22 to though.

Thank you for the answers, seems to be a common census of the Marlin Mod 60 and after a bit of researching I have to agree with them.

First blush, maybe...
What I don't see for it to be a Model 60,
Trigger assembly/floor plate was wider than the trigger guard, but the narrower trigger guard width continued rearward to the screw hole. This isn't inletted for that narrower tail.
The model 60 had an under barrel tube magazine, and I don't see the mag tube running out the front of the for grip.

Back when the entire country hadn't gone 'Black Rifle' insane, I used to do a lot of rim fires, model 60 & 10/22 in particular for guys that wanted bragging rights (instead of wasting expensive ammo, making noise & irritating shooters that actually aim at the range).

It's been a while since I did a model 60, so it's not fresh in my mind, but I do see a couple of things that would indicate it's not a drop in stock that's just unfinished...
That rear trigger guard cross bolt safety notch sure narrows it down, what ever it's for!

I know! It's a Monte Carlos stock!;)

Jelehm005,

What may help is reshooting straight down into the inletting for both the action and trigger assembly, but including a small ruler next to the stock in both, so the dimensions are easier to discern.

Bob's gun shop. Top image is "latest model Marlin 60"

Marlin%2060-3.jpg

Back