Unknown 9mm Magazines

Bombo80

Inactive
I am trying to identify these two magazines. They are all metal. They look like 9mm double stack. There are NO markings what so ever on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
9mm mags_.jpg

9mm mags.jpg

Thanks,
Bombo

There are a number of 9x19 magazines with curves. The pictured magazines are double stack and double feed. Some kind of pistol caliber carbine or sub machine gun clone would be my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to identify these two magazines. They are all metal. They look like 9mm double stack. There are NO markings what so ever on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 113703

View attachment 113704

Thanks,
Bombo

9x19 wouldn’t need a bend. So maybe some kind of bottleneck cartridge?

For relatively short pistol magazines, no. 9x19 isslightly tapered (which leads to a weird proposal popping up in gun fora every once in a while to make a new, straight walled, 9mm cartridge, for "reasons", despite the fact that what we have now is pretty reliable.).

Not pistol mags, obviously.

Double stack, double feed. Some sub gun.

If long 9mm mags are curved, explain to me this, then. Double stack, 33 rounds, straight as an arrow.

ad46f67e5e90d8ed0f05efc4ea3ea790.jpg

If long 9mm mags are curved, explain to me this, then. Double stack, 33 rounds, straight as an arrow.

ad46f67e5e90d8ed0f05efc4ea3ea790.jpg

Some are straight, and some are curved. It depends on the choice of the manufacturer. There are absolutely curved 9mm magazines for submachine guns. You’ve already been told some. Google is your friend.

The ones you pictured are in part straight because they have to seat into the grip of a Glock pistol the height of say a Glock 17. Magazines designed for some submachine guns don’t have to insert as far into the firearm as the magazine well isn’t part of the grip, such as an H&K MP5 (though I think early MP5 magazines were actually straight). An exception to this would be the Israeli Uzi, where the magazine does go into the grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought some weird 9mm training ammo once upon a time for a Swedish machine pistol, I believe. It has a polymer projectile with a ball bearing in the middle. Odd piece of work. The projectile is very tapered as best I remember. Could be that mag. Maybe worth a bit of research...

They look weird with a curved section sticking out below the grip of a Glunk. So, the manufacturer kept them straight.

But 9x19mm IS a tapered cartridge, and generally does run better in curved mags. It also helps eliminate the rattle that many straight, double-stack 9mm mags develop with about 8+ rounds loaded. (Because only the bases have tension on them, so the front of the cartridges are flopping around.)

Willie,

I haven’t run a ton of MP5s but I don’t remember bright silver followers?

I have HK factory mags and Korean KCI gen 2 mags. Both have a chromed follower. They turn grey with powder fowling pretty quick though.

Back