universal auto wing shotgun?

A couple of months ago i picked up a 12 guage, recoil operated shotgun. Seems rather similar to a browning auto 5. It has a 28" barrel, modified choke and 2 -3/4" chamber. markings on the barrel include-

UNIVERSAL FIREARMSCORP
HIALEAH-FLORIDA-6 BRESCIA ITALY

12 GA.2.3/4-28" MOD M.2071

This is a nice gun to shoot, seems reliable. Got the gun cheap, but am curious as to the history, manufacturer, reputation etc. Thanks :)

What, with all the resident gurus, no one knows this one? How about somewhere i might be able to find some info? Should i post this in the shotgun forum? I have tried doing searches on this piece, but have been unsuccessful. Thanks for any effort expended.:)

UNIVERSAL FIREARMS. Previous division of Iver Johnson's Arms Inc. that was established during 1982. Formaly imported out of Hialeah Fl. Previously manufactured in Jacksonville AR.....Fjestad.

Not much but all I have. I do not show your model.

Sam.

One of my books shows this gun being imported between 1972 and 1974; hope this helps.
Stacey C.

Thanks for the info! Now I know about how old it is, and I'll have to take it out shooting some clays and find the "proof in the pudding". :)

Back