Unique Model L

aztec777

I need to install the top end to a Armes Unique Model L. It is a semi-auto, fixed barrel, 22lr pistol. It looks like the barrel needs to come off to get the slide and recoil spring/guide on. Help! It's driving me crazy.

Steve

Armes Unique Modele "L"

I recently acquired a French pistol in .22LR called an Armes Unique Modele L. I did a search to find the only other post on this handgun. Did you ever fiqure out how to remove the barrel and slide? -Don

Try this:

Remove the magazine. Make sure the chamber is empty. Turn the safety up to the front to lock the slide back, then tap the muzzle of the barrel with a block of wood to drive the barrel back and out. The slide will come off to the front. Reassemble in reverse order.

If that doesn't work, don't beat the gun up; come back and tell me and I will double check.

Jim

It Worked

I did as you sugested but "soaked" the top end in penetrating oil first. Didn't need to use a block of wood - the barrel came right out. Good heft and feel to these "Modele 9"s. Looks like a solidly built .22. Thanks for the help. -DJH

Back