Unique 1858 Remington New Army

gasmandave

Anyone seen one of these? Date code says it's a 2000. Fluted cylinder. Pietta, but if I put the cylinder into my other Pietta Remmie it doesn't index right...not even close.
What do you think the value would be. I've Googled it and Binged it and can't find anything on it.

Last edited:
The dovetailed Remmies are Ulberti. Pietta's I have are screwed in.

Any idea of the worth of this Remmie. Fingers MaGee on "Colt Country" says they are rare.

I'm not selling this one but a question...What would think would be an asking price for this pistol. A Friend told me he thought it was worth in the $400. to $450 range.

Last edited:
I think that fluted cylinder increases the value

Your friend may be right.

I think you are right too for wanting to hang onto it.

Fluted Remington

These were a special issue imported by Cabela's in the mid-1990's. It was called the "Lawman" and sold then for around $260. I doubt if there will be anymore so it is very collectable. I have seen one auction and it brought over $400.

Unique 1858 Remington

My eyes must be really bad...I cannot see flutes on any of the cylinders of the 58!

My eyes must be really bad...I cannot see flutes on any of the cylinders of the 58!

The flutes are difficult to see due to the way the light is reflecting off of the cylinder in the photos. You have to look hard to see them, but they're there.

Gosh that's pretty! The finish just completes the gun! Even the white grips look good!
I ;ove the 5 1/2" Sheriffs model! I have both a standard length and the 5 1/2" and somehow it feels just right to me!
That one of yours is a real Bar-B-Q Revolver for sure! I'd be proud to wear it anywhere!
Lucky dog!
ZVP

Back