• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Unilaterally locking threads before they are finished is wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoCarry

Inactive
I was challenged by your staff and senior members to present evidence of my assertions on Open Carry vs Concealed Carry. I informed them that I could not respond until after my event last night and that I would answer all of their questions this weekend. I have never seen anyone lock a forum before all of the points were addressed and the fact that it generated as much traffic as it did was good for your position with Google.

Please explain why you would close the thread before I had the opportunity prove my points.

No knowledge of your specific incident, but IMWO while not nearly as bad as some other forums I have experienced, once in a while it does strike me that topics are on occasion locked pretty early.

It is generally considered polite to, at the very least, seek clarification of an action directly and in private rather than openly on the public forum.

It was assumed by staff that your evidences/revised treatise would be posted to a new thread, which would make it more visible anyway and would also serve to restart the discussion on topic as the existing thread had veered into unrelated territory.

No offense was intended.

Please direct future questions about specific staff action directly to the staff, in private. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back