• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Undefined

MatoTanika

Inactive
Hi All

Since I am not a great PC user I need some explanation of a line that
appears at the bottom of my posts. Between the last line of comment
and my signature the word 'undefined' appears 3 times. I don't have a
clue how to get rid of it as I am not adding it when I key my post.

Any help will be appreciated Thanks

Lee..........................

This is what shows up in the actual code:

Code:
<!-- sig -->
<div>
<br />
Take Care....       Stay Safe....        Only Good Hits Count
</div>
<!-- / sig -->

Somehow you've gotten some formatting and the word UNDEFINED into your sig.

I suggest editing your sig. Select everything - even if you can't see anything there. Then delete.

Then type in your sig.

See if that helps.

Quartus was right. Somehow those "undefined"s got into your signature line. You probably just clicked a few extra buttons when you were setting it up. I fixed it for you.

If you have any other difficulties, feel free to post your questions here. :)

-Dave

Hi Guys

Was gone for a bit - just got back. Thanks for the help with this thing.
Blues - thanks for fixing that - I'm not much of a pc guy - can always
use all the help I can get.

To me your help and suggestions are what makes this a great spot!!!!

Thanks again

Lee...................... :)

Back