Unable to process application

bgibb42

Inactive
I need some advice on how to proceed with a problem I'm having getting my C&R license.

I submitted my paperwork near the end of October. My credit card payment was posted on Oct. 29. I received a letter from the ATF on Nov. 16th (dated Nov. 10) informing me that they were "unable to process the application". The reason that was given was because my credit card was declined! The letter then instructs me to submit a money order or cashier's check.

I called and confirmed with the credit card company that the payment was posted and the charges had not been reversed. I have tried calling the examiner, but have only gotten her voicemail. I left a message on the 16th, but have not heard back yet. According to the letter I only have 30 days until the application process has to started again, and I'm afraid I'll be out the $30. It's not the money so much as the principle.

Any suggestions?

Print out the bank info, scan it, and email to the agent, with CC to her supervisor. That should clear it up.

Be prepared to just send a check and cancel the charge if you need to, and request an extension if necessary.

Send a cashier's check, which would have been better in the first place. If the charge shows up later on your credit card statement, contact the card issuer and explain and ask their advice.

If you miss the deadline you will have to start all over again; there are times when fighting a matter of principle just isn't worth it.

Jim

Back