Ultimate BPCR 45-70 Collection

Full-choke

Okay, so here is the idea. If you were to have an awesome collection of 45-70 rifles and ammo, what would you have in it? It needs to venture into every realm that the round has as well. Bolt guns, falling block, rolling block, single shot, handguns...list everything you would put in a BPCR 45-70 collection by make, model and why!

Thanks guys!
F-C

Not a collector, I really shoot BPCR and have no need for or interest in a bolt action, lever action, hammerless, or handgun .45-70.

In my narrow field, I would go for a '77 Sharps and a Winchester '85. I'd have to choose between new-gun makers Axtell, C. Sharps, Ballard, and Meacham. Or just send real ones to John King to fix up nice. Prettiest (and one of the best shooting) BPCRs I have seen was a Winchester he rebuilt.

And maybe a double rifle like Ken Waters', just for fun.

Ammunition? Right off the old Rockchucker with Swiss powder and a bullet out of a Paul Jones mould.

A friend had a TC handgun in 45-70, didn't really see the purpose.
I have an H&R Buffalo Classic, Marlin 1895 Cowboy and soon a Sharps. A perfect trio, don't see the need for more....but maybe a 45-120 :)

I'm dreaming of getting a Remington Custom Shop Rolling Block Silouhette target rifle in 45-70 in the future. Thats what my 45-70 "Ultimate" collection would start with.

Back