Uintah Bolt Action AR upper

TrueBlue711

Was skimming through some gun magazines and saw an article on this. Uintah built an AR upper and is bolt action. I thought it was a great idea, especially for 224 Valk (they offer it in multiple calibers). Anybody have any experience with Uintah? I never heard of them and I don't know if they make quality stuff or not. The MSRP of the upper is just over $1000, so I hope they're quality.

bolt

I like the idea very much. Pricey.
I wonder, though, why they do not offer the .223 barrel with a 1-7" twist.
Pete

Just saw that the barrel comes from Match Grade Machine, which is another Utah based company. If anybody has heard about them or has any experience with them, please post that too.

That much money for half of a bolt-action rifle? Wow. Might as well get a model 70 Winchester and have a whole rifle... But to each his own.

I agree, the price point is far too high. I'd like to have one, but not at current pricing. I'm hoping other companies see this and start making their own at lower price.

Was skimming through some gun magazines and saw an article on this. Uintah built an AR upper and is bolt action. I thought it was a great idea, especially for 224 Valk (they offer it in multiple calibers). Anybody have any experience with Uintah? I never heard of them and I don't know if they make quality stuff or not. The MSRP of the upper is just over $1000, so I hope they're quality.
Thanks for the infected link.

Red

Back