Ugly 1,900 pound brute

KyJim

I just bought an old Remington-Rand safe from a business that has closed. It's 72 inches tall with shelves and drawers. When the business put it on the loading dock, they weighed it at 1,900 pounds. I knew it would be heavy but not that heavy.

I got a really good deal on the safe but nobody locally could move it (I live in a city of about 300,000). I found a safe-mover from a larger city who just happened to be coming to my city for another move. He gave me a reasonable rate, considering the distance and lack of options I had, but it still cost more to move it than the safe cost. Altogether, less than $400 into it.

It's a second safe I bought specifically for handguns, some ammo, etc. Long guns remain in my first safe. Anyway, here's a quick photo of it. It's not lopsided, that's just the pic (wife's car in the way). As the title says, "ugly," but it fit my need:

aLWzbHx.jpg

The move was smooth. They were able to pull the truck right up to the garage door and unload it using a heavy lift gate. There were no steps or other impediments.

The safe is in my attached garage (with a security system) sitting on concrete so the weight shouldn't be a problem. One thing is for sure, nobody is carrying if off.

I just bought an old Remington-Rand safe

I just purchased a 11 drawer file type cabinet. Each drawer/slide has two side by side drawers for $100.00. I know there are those of you that are wondering how I am ever going to fill it. As a bonus they threw in 6 extra drawers, they also offered me enough reamers to fill the cabinet.

F. Guffey

Back