Uberti Stainless Steel Colt style revolvers

Fingers McGee

I guess an update is in order.

I've managed to acquire an 1862 Pocket Navy since the last request for information ( well it's on the way anyhow) making my collection consist of an 1851 Navy; 1860 Army with rebated cylinder; 1860 Army with fluted cylinder; 1861 Navy cut for shoulder stock and the latest, an 1862 Pocket Navy.

I am seeking the location of, and any information available on a line of stainless steel percussion Colt revolvers made by Uberti and imported by Allen Firearms, Santa Fe, NM; Southwest Muzzleloaders Supply, Inc. Angleton, TX, Uberti USA, and possibly others in the early to mid '80s. Phil Spangenberger did an article about these stainless revolvers in the October 1983 issue of Guns and Ammo Magazine. According to the article, the models that were being imported were the 1851 Navy, 1860 Army, 1861 Navy, 1862 Pocket Navy, and 1862 Pocket police. Thanks to Dr. J.L. Davis of RPRCA, Claremore, OK, I have a 1984 price list for Uberti products that lists fourteen different variations of Stainless Steel Colts produced by Uberti at that time. Subsequent price list expanded the line to 16 models by adding 4 ½ inch barreled Pocket Navy and Pocket Police. The complete model/variation list, known so far, is:

1851 Navy, Oval Trigger guard Revolver, Cal. .36
1851 Navy Square back Trigger guard Revolver, Cal. .36 *@
1851 Navy “Sheriff’s Model” Oval Trigger guard Revolver, Cal. .36 *
1851 Navy “Sheriff’s Model” Square back Trigger guard Revolver, Cal. .36
1860 Army Military, Cut For Stock, Cal. .44 *@
1860 Army Military, With Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .44*@
1861 Navy Military, Cut For Stock, Revolver, Cal. .36 * @
1861 Navy Civilian, Revolver, Cal. .36
1861 Navy Military, With Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36
1861 Navy Civilian, With Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36
1862 Police, Semi-Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 4 ½”
1862 Police, Semi-Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 5 ½”*
1862 Police, Semi-Fluted Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 6 ½”
1862 Pocket Navy, Engraved Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 4 ½”*
1862 Pocket Navy, Engraved Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 5 ½”*@
1862 Pocket Navy, Engraved Cylinder, Revolver, Cal. .36, Barrel 6 ½”
(* - have identified location of examples of these models)
(@ - have this model)

So far, I have five of these revolvers and know of seventeen others in hands of other collectors or BP shooters. Anyone with information concerning Allen Firearms, Southwest Muzzleloaders Supply or any other Uberti Stainless Steel Colt style revolvers is requested to contact fingersmcgee@charter.net I am seeking information as to models, manufacture dates, serial numbers, barrel markings, and any other characteristics as well as any catalog, brochure and original packaging information.

Of course, if anyone has any for sale, I would be interested in that also.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

PS. Here are a few pictures of the Pocket Navy:

DSCN2254_zps6s2lchep.jpg

DSCN2257_zpsimfh2kqv.jpg

DSCN2263_zpspgeoldqm.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, they're just hard to find so I had to start something else. The SS Ubertis are actually harder than the Colts are. I'ts taken me 5 years to get 5 of them.

Fingers

Building an accumulation of C&R stuff. Real busy with school.

I see that you are still looking for selected unique revolvers.

You are a true collector

Managed to acquire an 1862 Pocket Police today

IMG_1018_zps8azcnhvb.jpg

And the search goes on. Total known including this one is up to 24 now. A couple other pocket models have been identified.

I'm feeling lucky.

Just bought this Pocket Police on GB. This one has a 4 1/2 inch barrel and was made in 1985. That makes 3 SS Uberti Colt's in less than 4 months

pix519919284.jpg

What a beauty Fingers! Before your postings, I never knew that these stainless steel Uberti's existed. Wish my 2nd Gen 1862 had a barrel that length.

The stainless steel Second Generation 1861 Navy is very very rare. Only 8 of them were ever made, and the location of two of them is unknown. Last one that sold was a couple years ago at Rock Island Auctions. It went for over $21,000

Back