Uberti online dealers and price?

45reloader

Does anyone know a online dealer that sells Uberti ?

Also how do you like EMF?

And one last question,isn't EMF dist. by Charles Daly?

I lied I have one more question about barrel length.Is the original "True" Colt 45 a 5.5 inch barrel

The only input I can give you is about the Taurus Gaucho 4.5 barrel in 45 colt. LOVE it I'm one of the lucky guys who owns 5 diffrent Taurus guns with no problems.The Gaucho has proven to be flawless.The only thing I had to do was file the rear sight channel to zero in the gun.Now it groups well out to 25 yards no problem.Reloading has allowed me to fine tune the ammo to fit this gun perfectly and improve accuracy above what I even hoped.

In reverse order The original 1873 45 was a 7.5'' barrel for use of the cavalry. EMF is a distributor or both Pietta and Uberti made SAA's it depends what style choose. Charles Daly imports Pietta made SAA's only. Pietta and Uberti are the manufacturers EMF, Navy Arms, Cimarron, etc are the importers who order them to their specs. I've heard EMF offer fine guns from both makers. If you search around you'll find several dealers online who offer Uberti. Does that help?

have had good luck with dixie, Cabelas, Midway. Midway has the advantage of being able to tell if the product is in stock at the moment. Dixie has the advantage of not charging for shipping on the guns.

"I lied I have one more question about barrel length.Is the original "True" Colt 45 a 5.5 inch barrel"

there is a picture of the very first one made in RL Wilson's Colt, An American Legend It has a 7.5 inch barrel. While the revolvers could be ordered with any barrel length from 3" -no ejector to 16 or more, the common ones are the 7.5 usually called The Cavalry Model, the 4 3/4" ejector housing lenght barrel sometimes called the Civilian or Gunfighter model and the 5.5 " called an Artillery Model. The reference I saw said the 5.5" guns came from a late (1890) refit of other colt revolvers. When Colt came out with their post war second generation SAAs in the mid 50s, $125.00- one of the most frequently used advertising pictures was a high key black and white of a 5.5" revolver. It kind of did stick in your mind.

this is a 1956 issue second generation. It is very easy to shoot:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back